OneDayOnly holds the esteemed title of being South Africa's original daily deals website. Our deals offer excellent discounts, limited supply and are on sale for one day only (hence our uber-creative name). We partner with top brands and key suppliers to be able to offer their products to over a million potential customers through our daily mailer, the website itself and social media marketing.
Provided the quality and price are right, we'll sell anything - and that's exactly what makes us so appealing to both buyer and seller. Couple this with the urgency of the deal and it creates a winning formula for a high number of sales in a very short space of time.
Although you may appear as a pleasant person on the surface, the ugly truth is that you are a stickler for detail, you're more organised than a wedding planner, a hunter(ess) for amazing deals, and a bulldog when it comes to negotiating.
You understand consumers and the buying process.
What you'll love
Your amazing colleagues.
Also, if you play your cards right, you may have large quantities of free "samples" sent your way.
Based on experience.
- Support the Division Manager to drive an aligned category strategy.
- Execute the division strategy/ tactical plan under the direction of the Division Manager.
- Plan to develop and drive growth across the department in sales, brands, suppliers, and new product listings.
- Find and grow new brands and suppliers according to our growth plan and in line with market trends and consumer demands.
- Deliver against key financial and service level performance indicators within the department (sales, margin, listings availability, stock cover etc.).
- Support in managing and developing supplier relationships, negotiating good prices, improving trading terms and managing suppliers according to strict SLAs.
- Deliver on the customer experience within the department (ensuring products are delivered on time, supplier terms are aligned, product quality is managed etc.).
- Solutions-oriented, can-do attitude; self-motivated
- Strong analytical and critical thinking, ability to use data to inform decisions, identify the root cause and resolve problems.
- Strong product and buying planning skills.
- Ability to manage priorities according to clear prioritisation and structured planning.
- Ability to build lasting supplier relationships and manage according to SLAs (existing industry networks a plus).
- Comfortable with change and an excellent team player.
- Passionate about the industry and the potential of e-commerce.
- Understanding of the key business drivers within online retail.
- Ability to manage and assist in managing a team of assistants.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree (Business Science or Commerce degree preferable)
- 2-year related Retail / E-Commerce experience
- Strong commercial acumen
- Retail buying/e-commerce experience preferable but not an absolute requirement.
- Existing industry networks are a significant plus.
- Proven track record of negotiation skills and strong relationship management.
- Strong knowledge of electronics.