OneDayOnly holds the esteemed title of being South Africa's original daily deals website. Our deals offer excellent discounts, limited supply and are on sale for one day only (hence our uber-creative name). We partner with top brands and key suppliers to be able to offer their products to over a million potential customers through our daily mailer, the website itself and social media marketing.
Provided the quality and price are right, we'll sell anything - and that's exactly what makes us so appealing to both buyer and seller. Couple this with the urgency of the deal and it creates a winning formula for a high number of sales in a very short space of time.
We are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms.
What you'll love
Working with, and learning from, some very skilled individuals as well as staff discounts on top of ludicrously affordable products.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Be part of the agile development and a self-organising team environment
- Share ideas and drive innovation
- Be obsessed with performance, code standards, compatibility and best practices
- Continually drive process and technical improvements within the development team
- In collaboration with the Product Owner and stakeholders, understand the needs of the customer in order to deliver innovative, robust solutions
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process
- Integrate 3rd party applications into the hosting environment
- Agile development practices (TDD, refactoring, continuous integration, pair programming, mob programming
Requirements / skillz
- At least 2 years experience working with the React Native framework, and broad experience developing for web and mobile.
- Apollo GraphQL experience.
- Experience with React/React-Native on the front-end.
- Experience with Node.js backend development.
- Sufficient skills with CSS3, and HTML 5 to work well in React ecosystems
- Experience with Git as version control.
- Experience using ESLint and Prettier, or familiarity with using code-formatting tools.
- Experience with consuming, building or maintaining APIs (e.g. GraphQL, REST).
- Exposure to React’s ecosystem of add-ons (emotion, styled-components etc) is beneficial.
- BSc Computer Science or BEng degree however your ability to demonstrate your in-depth understanding of the mobile technologies and sound software engineering practices will trump a formal qualification.