OneDayOnly holds the esteemed title of being South Africa's original daily deals website. Our deals offer excellent discounts, limited supply and are on sale for one day only (hence our uber-creative name). We partner with top brands and key suppliers to be able to offer their products to over a million potential customers through our daily mailer, the website itself and social media marketing.
Provided the quality and price are right, we'll sell anything - and that's exactly what makes us so appealing to both buyer and seller. Couple this with the urgency of the deal and it creates a winning formula for a high number of sales in a very short space of time. Intrigued? Want to join our epic team? Keep reading!
What are we looking for?
The Head of Customer Service is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, quality, and productivity of the contact centre. This position requires a candidate who can innovate, drive process improvements, and keep pace with our growth while motivating others to meet the challenges of an extremely customer-focused and metrics-driven environment.
Overall Responsibilities Include:
- Lead and manage the customer service teams and be responsible for their overall direction and performance.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with OneDayOnly’s policies and procedures; additional responsibilities include interviewing, and motivating employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; rewarding and disciplining employees, and effective conflict resolution.
- Build productive working relationships with direct reports, peers, leadership, and other departments.
- Manage the career growth and development of the Customer Service team by driving focus on OneDayOnly’s leadership principles.
- Plays a critical role in leadership depth by providing guidance and mentorship to all levels of leadership within their organisational units, as well as serving as an outstanding role model.
- Strong time management and organisational skills
- Complete tasks on time to a high-quality standard
- Take action on issues and opportunities raised
- Assist Agents with understanding the performance bar and support them to reach it
- Drive team engagement and actions through connections, results and insights
Project Management Responsibilities:
- Solving complex customer service issues and proactively preventing negative service trends.
- Identifying and eliminating root cause barriers to accuracy, productivity, and quality.
- Understanding and correctly utilising resources provided by internal systems, departments, policies, and procedures.
- Developing and achieving performance goals and objectives in order to achieve customer promise expectations.
- Managing workflow, escalations, and effectively delegating workload across the leadership team.
- Participating in business leadership meetings; developing and driving strategies and programs which improve the competitive position and profitability of OneDayOnly.
- Actively seeking solutions to customer needs, communicating trends to leadership, and suggesting innovative solutions.
- Driving creation of staffing plans, schedules, quality initiatives, process change initiatives, and lean initiatives.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Grade 12
- Minimum of 4 years of Customer Service Management experience
- Must have experience in a Customer Service Management position
- Proven Leadership skills
- E-Commerce experience (Advantageous)
- Self-motivated, goal-driven and the ability to multitask
Do you think you got what it takes?