OneDayOnly holds the esteemed title of being South Africa's original daily deals website. Our deals offer excellent discounts, limited supply and are on sale for one day only (hence our uber-creative name). We partner with top brands and key suppliers to be able to offer their products to over a million potential customers through our daily mailer, the website itself and social media marketing.
Provided the quality and price are right, we'll sell anything - and that's exactly what makes us so appealing to both buyer and seller. Couple this with the urgency of the deal and it creates a winning formula for a high number of sales in a very short space of time.
About the Role
OneDayOnly is seeking a seasoned, data-driven, customer-focused Head of Marketing who will oversee all of our marketing activities, including social media and digital campaigns and advertising and creative projects.
As the Head of Marketing, your responsibilities include developing marketing strategy plans and leading, managing, and motivating marketing teams to execute targeted plans. Furthermore, you will be responsible for the entire marketing budget.
With the support of the Executive Creative Director and Head of Digital, You will be responsible for harmonising the brand direction with the most appropriate marketing tactics and content, contributing to improved market reach and penetration.
- Build marketing plans and budgets for the smooth operation of marketing campaigns.
- Developing, executing and optimising our marketing strategy and analysing and reporting on the performance to ensure we reach target metrics and achieve a high ROI on our marketing efforts.
- Preparing and managing monthly, quarterly and annual budgets for the Marketing department.
- Establishing, monitoring and reporting on team goals.
- Using market and competitive research to segment and define target markets and implement market-penetrating strategies.
- Working closely with the sales team and other key stakeholders to ensure that we achieve our sales goals and optimise lead generation while building a pipeline through integrated marketing campaigns.
- Identify opportunities to reach new market segments and expand market share.
- Research the latest marketing strategies and excel in marketing endeavours competitively.
Requirements / Skills:
- Proven 5+ years of experience as Head of Marketing, Marketing Manager, Director of Marketing or a similar role (preferably within the same industry).
- 3+ years of experience developing and optimising large-scale B2C campaigns - with > R1,000,000 annual ad spend budgets - through digital marketing channels
- 5+ years leading a marketing department of at least 8 full-time team members
- Experience managing large cross-functional projects
- Experience with Google Analytics or other web analytics tools
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills including a strong understanding of online marketing metrics
- Action-oriented with a "roll up your sleeves approach"
- Strong strategy and analytics skills, with an advanced understanding of success metrics
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, plus the ability to clearly articulate and express complex and sometimes technical ideas to a wide variety of people and groups at any level
- Enthusiastic, passionate, and creative; thrives on thinking outside of the box.
- Here’s the fun part - staff discounts on our already crazy affordable products!
- We offer you the chance to be part of a great Retirement Fund that will provide you with all your necessary risk benefits.