Without our website, we don't exist as a company. So it's in our best interests to keep it, and the systems that drive it, running smoothly day in and day out. Business people don't know how to talk IT. And IT struggles to talk business. That's where you come in.
We are looking for an experienced business analyst/product owner to join our team. If you love problem-solving in an agile environment, then we want to hear from you.
what you'll Love
Working in an established team for a rapidly growing company. Our office comes with free internet, aircon and colleagues readily available to listen to your Dad jokes
requirements / technical competencies:
- Undergraduate degree essential, Honours preferred
- At least 4 years of Product Ownership experience, ideally in an agile environment
- Background in consulting would be an advantage
- Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
- Articulate and evolve the product road-map and the team’s vision.
- Support the day-to-day needs of the Scrum team in understanding the business requirements
- Backlog grooming – With input from stakeholders, your primary responsibility is to enhance, groom, and maintain the backlog.
- Sprint planning – During the sprint planning meeting, you are the main source for user story details and priorities.
- Leading ongoing reviews of business processes and developing optimisation strategies
- Staying up-to-date on the latest process and IT advancements to automate and modernise systems
- Conducting meetings and presentations to share ideas and findings
- Performing requirements analysis
- Documenting and communicating the results of your efforts
- Effectively communicating your insights and plans to cross-functional team members and management
- Gathering critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and producing useful reports
- Working closely with business users, developers, and managerial staff
- Ensuring solutions meet business needs and requirements
- Performing user acceptance testing
- Updating, implementing and maintaining procedures
- Prioritising initiatives based on business needs and requirements
- Serving as a liaison between stakeholders and users
- Compiling training material and conducting training with internal users
- Creating business cases and recommending outcomes based on a cost-benefit analysis
- Keeping up to date with new and popular technologies and where applicable to the business raise these as possible interests for further learning
- Be awesome