Without our mobile app, we don't exist as a company. That'd be like Uber without cars. Oh, Uber themselves don't actually own any cars? Never mind then. We're pretty reliant on the app, which is the point we're making.
we are looking for a React Native developer interested in building performant mobile apps on both the iOS and Android platforms.
what you'll love
Working with, and learning from, some very skilled individuals. And staff discounts on top of ludicrously affordable products.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements.
- Be part of the agile development and a self-organising team environment
- Share ideas and drive innovation
- Be obsessed with performance, code standards, compatibility and best practices
- Continually drive process and technical improvements within the development team
- In collaboration with the Product Owner and stakeholders, understand the needs of the customer in order to deliver innovative, robust solutions
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process
- Integrate 3rd party applications into the hosting environment
- Agile development practices (TDD, refactoring, continuous integration, pair programming, mob programming
requirements / skillz
- At least 2 years’ working with the ReactNative framework, and broad experience developing for web and mobile.
- Apollo GraphQL experience.
- Experience with React/React-Native on the front-end.
- Experience with Node.js backend development.
- Sufficient skills with CSS3, and HTML 5 to work well in React ecosystems
- Experience with Git as version control.
- Experience using ESLint and Prettier, or familiarity with using code-formatting tools.
- Experience with consuming, building or maintaining APIs (e.g. GraphQL, REST).
- Exposure to React’s ecosystem of add-ons (emotion, styled-components etc) is beneficial.
- BSc Computer Science or BEng degree however your ability to demonstrate your in-depth understanding of the mobile technologies and sound software engineering practices will trump a formal qualification.